Recently a couple of users of RadioDJ free radio automation software asked how they should go about transferring the RadioDJ settings to a new computer.
Moving RadioDJ to a new machine with the same settings is really easy.
Just follow a few simple steps and it’s easy as ABC
1) On the old machine running RadioDJ take a database backup using the database setup tool. This will backup rotations/playlists/songs/events transfer it onto a USB drive.
Tip: Also backup the RadioDJ program folder onto the USB drive. This will preserve your settings.
2) Install MariaDB on the new machine. Once you have verified (mysqld.exe) is running as a service move onto the next step.
Tip: Make sure you give the database the same password and user you had on the old machine.
3) Install the RadioDJ executable onto the C:\ Drive into C:\RadioDJv2 folder on the new machine (It will create the folder for you). Then copy your settings.xml files from your old install into this folder.
4) Using the database setup tool install the RadioDJ database. Ideally give it the same name it had on the old machine. If you see “MySQL server online” then move onto the next step.
5) Use the “restore database” button at the top to restore the .sql backup file from the USB pen.
6) Where possible try and make sure the music files have the same folder/path they had on the old computer
If the music files have a different file path/structure just use Relocate tracks from the Utilities menu and RadioDJ will find the songs again.
Relocating tracks may take a while if you have a large library, Hence why we recommend having the music files with the same destination folders.
7) Once you’ve verified everything is the same as it was on the old machine then you should be good to start playing music with RadioDJ.
If you should run into any problems help and advice is available through the RadioDJ Community Forums
Last updated on: 18th August 2019
at 11:15 AM Europe/London