Seen a couple of posts recently on social media from radio station owners & DJ’s all stating they couldn’t do their shows.
I won’t be on air this week I just hope SAM Broadcaster doesn’t fuck up on me again next week. No live show tonight we’re off air until further notice we need to repair SAM Broadcaster. Kind of nervous for my show tonight hopefully they can solve this SAM Broadcaster problem. Won’t be doing my live show tonight SAM Broadcaster won’t co-operate. Won’t be broadcasting today sorry SAM Broadcaster is playing up because of an error.
I visited the SAM Broadcaster page on Facebook recently and saw this post.
We are considering dumping SAM Broadcaster in favour of Radio DJ & RadioCaster there are various reasons for this:
1. We have numerous remote DJs who want to do shows on our station and to purchase DJ Seats from Spacial Audio for them would work out very very expensive, whereas RadioDJ is FREE
2. We have had numerous problems with SAM that do not seem exclusive to us, remote show script keeps dropping out, crackling when using SAM Live, on Reboot SAM will not connect to the database whether it’s Firebird or SQL, SAM will not restart after system reboot requiring a complete re-install of SAM, encoders stopping for no reason at all, plus various other issues. Now I could cope with these problems if SAM was free but we paid for this software which is flaky to say the least.
3. SAM freezing when searching for tracks
4. RadioDJ is much more pleasing to the eye
5. RadioDJ looks much more professional
6. In our tests RadioDJ has been far more stable with no freezing or crashing
7. Our remote DJs can use RadioDJ for free which means our costs are substantially reduced.
8. RadioDJ has everything on one screen making it much more user friendly.
9. RadioDJ Cartwalls are much easier to use and setup.
We have tried SAM on various different machines and encountered the same problems whereas we have installed RadioDJ on various different machines and not had a single problem.
It seems the person manning the social media accounts for Spacial Audio has since deleted the post.