Do you use RadioDJ and have a WordPress website? Are you looking for some form of web integration?
Then you need the WordPress plugin for RadioDJ v0.7.0
- Enhancement: Added reCAPTCHA for request verification
- Enhancement: Make sure tracks in playlist queue can’t be requested
- Enhancement: Added option to disable name input field for requests
- Enhancement: Added option for request per-IP-address limit duration
- Fix: Check request limit using selected time interval rather than comparing date
- Enhancement: Option to disable IP address detection for visitors behind a proxy
- Enhancement: Added options to disable request submission and display a message
- Enhancement: Option to control track types available for requests
- Enhancement: Option to control track types displayed by [now-playing] shortcode
- Enhancement: Display a dismissible notification when request submission is disabled
It’s not that difficult to install the plugin on WordPress if you follow a few simple steps.
1) Download the WordPress plugin from Here
2) Go into your wordpress dashboard. Click on Plugins and add new plugin. Upload the .zip file by clicking install.
3) Go to Installed Plugins and activate the RadioDJ plugin.
4) Go to settings and click on RadioDJ Options.
5) Enter your SQL database details.
RadioDJ Username: The name of the SQL user
Database Name: The name of your RadioDJ database
Password: The password you chose when setting up your SQL database
You can find out Your external IP by clicking the button below.
You will also need to ensure that your website host allows connections on port 3306 (or the port you have chosen to run MYSQL on) and that you have also opened that port on your broadband router.
Try not to use “Root” for requests – See this link to create a new SQL user.
The other options are pretty straight forward just change the settings how you want them.
Then click on “Save changes” If you have entered your DB details correctly then you will need to use the following shortcodes to display what you need.
[now-playing] Shows what’s now playing and what has recently played.
[top-tracks] Shows the top played tracks.
[top-albums] Shows the top played albums.
[top-artists] Shows the top played artists.
[track-requests] Shows the track list so users can request a song.
[top-requested] Shows the top requested tracks.
If everything has gone to plan you should see this on your WordPress site.
This plugin is intended for entertainment purposes only, It is provided as seen. You use/modify this script at your own risk.
This script was made to give users a starting point for developing websites around RadioDJ. the Author of this script is no longer around so support for it may be limited you can ask on the RadioDJ community forums but you aren’t always guaranteed an answer.
Last updated on: 16th October 2019
at 10:44 AM Europe/London