MB Recaster is a stand alone encoder and can stream to both Shoutcast and Icecast.
MB Recaster is now my favourite standalone encoder as it has come on leaps and bounds this past couple of years.
The MB Recaster features list includes:
- Capture audio from any sound card, input from microphone, line or stereo mix
- Up to 4 encoders of any format (Shoutcast v1 / v2, Icecast)
- Codec MP3 24 to 192k, AAC+ 16 to 96k, AAC 128 to 192k, Opus 20 to 192K, OGG 32 to 192K
- Read metadata from an external text file
- Show stats (if available from the streaming server)
- Save current connections count to a text file CurrentListeners.txt
- Get great sound quality with advanced audio processing functions by adding DSP & VST plugins
- PFL of the final mix
- Windows 7/8/10, Windows Server 32/64 bits
Did You Know: You can connect the RadioDJ history plugin to the CurrentListeners.txt file in MB Recaster to give you a listener count.
RadioDJ reads the listener count from the .txt file and the History plugin records how many listeners you have on song change.
Last updated on: 2nd September 2019
at 19:33 PM Europe/London