I visited the SAM Broadcaster page on Facebook recently and saw this post.
1. We have numerous remote DJs who want to do shows on our station and to purchase DJ Seats from Spacial Audio for them would work out very very expensive, whereas RadioDJ is FREE
2. We have had numerous problems with SAM that do not seem exclusive to us, remote show script keeps dropping out, crackling when using SAM Live, on Reboot SAM will not connect to the database whether it’s Firebird or SQL, SAM will not restart after system reboot requiring a complete re-install of SAM, encoders stopping for no reason at all, plus various other issues. Now I could cope with these problems if SAM was free but we paid for this software which is flaky to say the least.
3. SAM freezing when searching for tracks
4. RadioDJ is much more pleasing to the eye
5. RadioDJ looks much more professional
6. In our tests RadioDJ has been far more stable with no freezing or crashing
7. Our remote DJs can use RadioDJ for free which means our costs are substantially reduced.
8. RadioDJ has everything on one screen making it much more user friendly.
9. RadioDJ Cartwalls are much easier to use and setup.
We have tried SAM on various different machines and encountered the same problems whereas we have installed RadioDJ on various different machines and not had a single problem.
It seems the person manning the social media accounts for Spacial Audio has since deleted the post.
The user who posted this is of course right in what they state. RadioDJ is indeed a lot more stable & reliable than SAM Broadcaster ever could be.
The amount of people that are now switching from SAM Broadcaster to RadioDJ speaks for itself.
At the last count there were over 220,000+ downloads of RadioDJ v1.8.2
When long time users of a piece of software fall out of love with that program then you know something is wrong somewhere and with SAM Broadcaster there are no end of unhappy users.
It’s becoming more & more apparent that Internet radio broadcasters don’t want or like SAM Broadcaster anymore.
Spacial Audio really should start listening to their customer base otherwise they will end up failing as a company.
Last updated on: 5th September 2019
at 13:21 PM Europe/London