We love it when we see someone new to the RadioDJ forums praising the program.
“I’m starting to set this nifty piece of software called RadioDJ completely to my hand and make it work for me like no other broadcasting-software ever could! RadioDJ is lean, it’s fast, and it NEVER fails!”
Indeed RadioDJ free radio automation software is such a stable and reliable program
It was June 2014 when I last decided to rebuild my RadioDJ MySQL database from scratch.
In the 20 or so years I’ve been into Internet Radio this is the longest I’ve gone without having to rebuild a database, When I used other automation software I was having to rebuild the database from scratch weekly as it was just so unstable and badly written…
Plus that piece of software didn’t have an SQL backup tool so when the database went wrong you lost all your data which sucked!
Some of the credit for the stability with RadioDJ also needs to go to MariaDB we’ve found it’s a lot easier to setup than Oracle MySQL.
I visited the SAM Broadcaster page on Facebook recently and saw this post.
We are considering dumping SAM Broadcaster in favour of Radio DJ & RadioCaster there are various reasons for this:
1. We have numerous remote DJs who want to do shows on our station and to purchase DJ Seats from Spacial Audio for them would work out very very expensive, whereas RadioDJ is FREE
2. We have had numerous problems with SAM that do not seem exclusive to us, remote show script keeps dropping out, crackling when using SAM Live, on Reboot SAM will not connect to the database whether it’s Firebird or SQL, SAM will not restart after system reboot requiring a complete re-install of SAM, encoders stopping for no reason at all, plus various other issues. Now I could cope with these problems if SAM was free but we paid for this software which is flaky to say the least.
3. SAM freezing when searching for tracks
4. RadioDJ is much more pleasing to the eye
5. RadioDJ looks much more professional
6. In our tests RadioDJ has been far more stable with no freezing or crashing
7. Our remote DJs can use RadioDJ for free which means our costs are substantially reduced.
8. RadioDJ has everything on one screen making it much more user friendly.
9. RadioDJ Cartwalls are much easier to use and setup.
We have tried SAM on various different machines and encountered the same problems whereas we have installed RadioDJ on various different machines and not had a single problem.
It seems the person manning the social media accounts for Spacial Audio has since deleted the post.