We know it can be daunting and scary installing new software for the first time, Especially if you aren’t used to using software that requires a database, but don’t panic it’s not as difficult as you might think.
If you follow these easy steps and have a bit of patience then you should have the program up and running in no time.
1) Starting off with a FRESH clean install of your Windows operating system is a good bet.
Don’t forget to backup files before you reformat Windows.
Once you’ve reinstalled Windows and downloaded & installed all required security patches/updates/drivers for your PC then you can begin the process of installing and configuring RadioDJ.
You can now automatically backup your RadioDJ database at a specified hour of the day with the database setup tool.
It’s pretty straight forward to set up.
1) Download RadioDJ
2) Unzip the RadioDJ folder to C:\ outside of the program folder.
3) Open up databasesetup.exe inside the setup folder.
4) Install RadioDJ and install your database as per these Instructions
5) In the second tab set the time and location where you want to backup your database.
6) Minimise to the tray and leave it running.
It should automatically backup your database at the hour you set it to backup.
Top Tip: Try making sure you backup your database to an external drive. A small 1GB USB pen drive will do. That way you don’t have to worry about losing your database data in the unlikely event of your database crashing or a power cut.
Last updated on: October 30th, 2016 at 14:24 PM Europe/London