You can now automatically backup your RadioDJ database at a specified hour of the day with the database setup tool.
It’s pretty straight forward to set up.
1) Download RadioDJ
2) Unzip the RadioDJ folder to C:\ outside of the program folder.
3) Open up databasesetup.exe inside the setup folder.
4) Install RadioDJ and install your database as per these Instructions
5) In the second tab set the time and location where you want to backup your database.
6) Minimise to the tray and leave it running.
It should automatically backup your database at the hour you set it to backup.
Top Tip: Try making sure you backup your database to an external drive. A small 1GB USB pen drive will do. That way you don’t have to worry about losing your database data in the unlikely event of your database crashing or a power cut.
Every now and then I see users having database issues with RadioDJ. Then in the next sentence they then mention they are using a remote MySQL database.
Trying to run RadioDJ with a remote database is a really bad idea to start with. All you need is the slightest connection problem or packet loss and bang it will freeze the program.
A database running on the same machine is a lot better for performance among other things. If you need to access the SQL database from outside (i.e request page) then all you need to do is make sure that port 3306 is open on your computer firewall and router.
If you do run RadioDJ with a remote database please don’t start kicking and screaming because something isn’t working right.