Shoutcast Now Playing to Twitter
We used this script for quite some time and it’s a great way to tell your followers on Twitter what songs you are playing on your station.
It takes the now playing info from a Shoutcast v1 server and posts it on Twitter.
Please note: This version only works with Shoutcast v1 servers.
(If you require a Shoutcast v2 script there are scripts available on the Winamp Forums)
Basic instructions: What is required to use the script?
2) Setup an application & generate API keys from dev.twitter.com
3) A PHP enabled web server with an open @fsock connection (It won’t work without it.)
4) The The Twitter script files
5) Unzip the folder to the root of your website.
6) Enter all your API keys into the twitter.php file along with your Shoutcast server details then save
7) Upload all the required files to your server/website host.
Open the webpage in a browser to point to the twitter.php page (example: http://yoursite/twitter/twitter.php) If all has gone to plan you should see this.
If you have your own VPS setup a cron job to post to twitter as often as required
Search Google for more information on “How to setup a webserver”
That is all there is to it. It’s not that difficult to setup.
N.B: You use this script at your own risk. We cannot be held liable if it screws up your system or doesn’t work for you.
Last updated on: March 26th, 2017
at 18:05 PM Europe/London