Another question I often get asked is will RadioDJ run on an Apple Mac?
Short answer: No as RadioDJ is written in .NET for Windows.
However there is a way to Installing RadioDJ on an Apple Mac but (unfortunately) it does involve a copy of Windows to be installed.
Download & install Oracle VirtualBox
1) Make a virtual disc image from a Windows OS installer (.iso) give it a minimum of 1GB RAM.
You can find out how to do that from the Virtualbox Wiki page
2) Install the VirtualBox Extension Pack this can be found on the same download page as the Virtualbox downloads.
3) Install an SQL database server such as Maria DB
4) Download RadioDJ and unzip this folder in the download below
(If the link isn’t working right click & “Save link as”)
5) Unzip RadioDJ onto the root (C\:) drive of your Windows install and give the folder full read/write privileges.
6) Install the RadioDJ database from the “databasesetup.exe” file inside the setup folder
7) Install Virtual Audio cables you can find these by searching Google
If all has gone to plan you should be good to start importing your music into RadioDJ and once you have that sorted you should be good to start streaming.
It’s really not that difficult to use RadioDJ and still be able to control it on a Mac.
Last updated on: May 26th, 2017
at 13:16 PM Europe/London